'At the level of Haaland, Mbappe, Rashford - Ex-Napoli star labels Osimhen 'extraordinary striker'Published: March 04, 2023
Former Napoli star Roberto Sosa has labeled Victor Osimhen 'an extraordinary striker', and reckons that the Nigeria national teamer is on the same level as Manchester City goal machine Erling Haaland, PSG's France superstar Kylian Mbappe and red-hot Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford.
Having netted in eight consecutive matches, Osimhen came very close to equaling a Serie A record held by former Juventus striker David Trezeguet, but saw his header come off the woodwork as Napoli suffered a shock 1-0 loss to Lazio at the Diego Maradona Stadium on Friday night.
Haaland, Mbappe and Rashford have been firing on all cylinders this term, scoring 33, 29, and 25 goals respectively in all competitions, while Osimhen is on 21 for the season.
Sosa has backed Osimhen to score at least 25 goals this season - a target which is achievable considering that Napoli still have thirteen matches left to play in the Serie A and are well placed to qualify for the Champions League last eight.
"He's an extraordinary striker, I think he can even surpass the threshold of twenty-five goals. He always demonstrates a decisive competitive hunger, as in the realization against Empoli in which he was able to find himself ready and ravenous," Sosa said on Sportitalia, via IamNaples.
"Furthermore, he was also able to score extraordinary goals, such as against the Giallorossi. We are talking about a striker who could be considered at the level of Haaland, Mbappe and Rashford".
Osimhen's brilliant form has not gone unnoticed by top European clubs, with the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and PSG credited with an interest in the 24-year-old ahead of the reopening of the transfer window.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles midfielder Aribo reveals why he's not getting game time at Southampton
- 'Maybe in the future it will happen' - Chukwueze responds to Arsenal and Aston Villa links
- Official : Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake sign versatile American-Nigerian player
- Peseiro raises concern over Akpoguma's head injury, gives Egyptian referee a piece of his mind
- Iwobi on Super Eagles' missed scoring chances, next game; refuses to comment on state of pitch
- Peseiro responds to question on pairing Onuachu, Osimhen in attack and snubbing Moffi
- Peseiro reveals what went wrong in Super Eagles' loss, gives defiant response to sack claims
- Charlton U21 boss reacts to performance of Nigerian midfielder against Chelsea's Kante
- Super Eagles player ratings : Akpoguma, Bassey at sixes and sevens; Osayi-Samuel stands out; Osimhen poor
- 2023 AFCONQ : Five observations from Super Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea-Bissau
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football