Werder Bremen, Monchengladbach join Crystal Palace, Everton, Southampton in race for AkpomPublished: March 07, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report with certainty that two German Bundesliga clubs are genuinely interested in signing Middlesbrough's Nigerian striker Chuba Akpom ahead of the reopening of the transfer window.
Werder Bremen and Borussia Mönchengladbach are keeping tabs on the performances of the Hale End Academy product with a view to launching a bid for his services in the summer.
Akpom has lit up the EFL Championship this season, scoring 21 goals in 28 games to lead the scoring charts in the division.
Only Manchester City's Norwegian goal machine Erling Haaland (27) has scored more goals than Akpom in the top four tiers of English football this season.
Werder Bremen and Borussia Mönchengladbach are facing competition for the services of Akpom, with Premier League trio Everton, Southampton and Crystal Palace also interested in signing the red-hot striker.
The 27-year-old, who trained with Nigeria's national team in London six years ago, could have been a free agent at the end of this season but Boro have activated the one-year option to extend his contract until June 2024.
Akpom was successful in his previous stints abroad, mustering 35 goals for Greek Super League outfit PAOK and Sint-Truidense VV.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- What has gone wrong for Samuel Chukwueze at Italian giants AC Milan?
- Moffi's fastest goal of the season not enough as OGC Nice succumb to defeat against Toulouse
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football