Peseiro admits Osimhen is good enough to play for Real Madrid, top Premier League clubPublished: March 11, 2023
Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro believes Victor Osimhen is good enough to play for European giants Real Madrid as well as top clubs in the Premier League.
Of the top five European leagues, the Nigeria national teamer has yet to feature in the English Premier League and La Liga, having previously worn the colours of Wolfsburg and Lille before a big-money move to Napoli in 2020.
A transfer to the Premier League seems inevitable in the not too distant future amid speculation linking him with Manchester United and Chelsea, while the likes of Arsenal and Newcastle United have been credited with an interest in the past.
It has been claimed that Real Madrid are among a host of top European clubs eyeing a move for Osimhen, though their interest is not as advanced as some of their competitors such as United, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain.
The number 9 has been outrageously good this season, scoring 21 goals in 26 matches before the visit of Atalanta, which has earned him plenty of admirers.
Asked if Osimhen is aiming to play for teams like Real Madrid, Peseiro was quoted as saying by Sportitalia : "I'm sure: Victor will go to play for clubs like Real Madrid, he can reach those levels."
Osimhen recently stated that he aspires to play for a Premier League club, and reacting to the striker's comments, Peseiro said he's convinced that the 2015 U17 World Cup Golden Boot winner can play for a marquee club in Europe.
"He can play for any top club in the world, whether it's in the Premier League or elsewhere.
"I don't know if he'll win the Ballon d'Or, but I'll say this: he'll certainly win the top scorer many times. Because he has an impressive scoring ability.
"And not only that, the qualities that impress me about him are more and more," Peseiro stressed.
Peseiro is in attendance at the Diego Maradona Stadium for the ongoing Serie A clash between Napoli and Atalanta, and watched Napoli's training session on Friday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football