Man City lagging behind Chelsea, Man Utd in race for 21-goal strikerPublished: March 15, 2023
Reigning Premier League champions Manchester City are reportedly lagging behind Manchester United and Chelsea in the race for Victor Osimhen.
Ben Jacobs in his latest column for Caughtoffside claims that Manchester City have scouted the Nigeria international this season but their interest is less developed compared to their Premier League rivals.
The Citizens already have Norwegian goal machine Erling Haaland and 2022 world champion with Argentina, Julián Álvarez in their ranks.
Several top European clubs have been linked with a summer move for Osimhen, who has scored 21 goals in 27 matches across all competitions, which gives an average of 0.78 goals per game.
Osimhen and Georgia sensation Khvicha Kvaratskhelia have been the two main players for Napoli this season and the Nigerian looks the likelier of the two to depart the Diego Maradona Stadium this summer.
Chelsea are desperate to sign a number 9, while Manchester United are still looking for a long-term replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo.
It is believed that Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis will not allow Osimhen leave in the summer for less than 100 million euros.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football