'He's very good' - Former Czech Republic coach hails Red Star Belgrade-bound OlayinkaPublished: March 15, 2023
Slavia Prague forward Peter Olayinka has been praised by former Czech Republic coach, František Straka following his impressive performance in Slavia Prague's 2-1 win over Viktoria Plzen in the Fortuna Liga over the weekend.
The win took Slavia Prague to the top of the table, two points clear of second-placed Sparta Prague.
Olayinka tapped in from close range to equalize for the home team four minutes into the second half - his 21st goal involvement (15 goals, 6 assists) this term.
"And if I had to highlight someone from the teams, for me Peter Olayinka is the absolute top," Straka was quoted as saying by Sports News 24.
"Although he is going away, you can see with what vigor he plays, how he heckles others around him and how he experiences it in general.
"That's a player who sets an example and will pull others down. In this respect, he is very good and it will be interesting to follow his career in the future."
With 7 games to play before the end of the season, Slavia Prague's coach, Jindřich Trpišovský would be hoping he can continue to count on Olayinka as his side continues their quest to win the league title for the second time in 3 seasons.
Olayinka, who signed a three-year pre-contract deal with Serbian side Red Star Belgrade in January, has won three league titles with Slavia Prague and would also be hoping he leaves on a high by adding another league title to his trophy cabinet.
Photo Credit : slavia.cz
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football