Victor Moses named in Spartak Moscow matchday squad for the first time in 220 daysPublished: March 15, 2023
For the first time in 220 days, retired Nigeria international Victor Moses was named in Spartak Moscow's matchday squad as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Ural in the quarterfinals, first leg of the Russian Cup on Tuesday, March 14.
The last time the former Chelsea star received a call-up for a competitive match was on August 6 against Ural in the Russian Premier League.
Moses sustained an Achilles tendon injury, which required surgery and kept him sidelined for approximately seven months.
The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner was fit enough to be included in the squad v Ural on Tuesday but was a non-playing substitute.
With the game finely poised at 1-1, manager Guillermo Abascal opted against handing minutes to the Spartak Moscow number 8.
In the 67th minute, substitute Yuriy Zheleznov canceled out Quincy Promes' first half opener.
At the start of the Russian Premier League season, Moses was involved in four matches, scoring two goals.
The 32-year-old has been playing for Spartak Moscow since October 2020, first on loan before ending his nine-year association with Chelsea in the summer of 2021.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles midfielder Aribo reveals why he's not getting game time at Southampton
- 'Maybe in the future it will happen' - Chukwueze responds to Arsenal and Aston Villa links
- Official : Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake sign versatile American-Nigerian player
- Peseiro raises concern over Akpoguma's head injury, gives Egyptian referee a piece of his mind
- Iwobi on Super Eagles' missed scoring chances, next game; refuses to comment on state of pitch
- Peseiro responds to question on pairing Onuachu, Osimhen in attack and snubbing Moffi
- Peseiro reveals what went wrong in Super Eagles' loss, gives defiant response to sack claims
- Charlton U21 boss reacts to performance of Nigerian midfielder against Chelsea's Kante
- Super Eagles player ratings : Akpoguma, Bassey at sixes and sevens; Osayi-Samuel stands out; Osimhen poor
- 2023 AFCONQ : Five observations from Super Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea-Bissau
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football