Dennis goal not enough to save Nottingham Forest from defeat to Newcastle UnitedPublished: March 17, 2023
Super Eagles forward Emmanuel Dennis was on target for Nottingham Forest in their 2-1 loss to Newcastle at the City Ground on Friday night.
Dennis who was starting just his fourth Premier League game of the season gave the home side the lead in the 26th minute following a mistake from the Newcastle defence.
Alexander Isak drew level in the second additional minute of the first half courtesy of a deflection.
The Swedish would go on to bag the winner in the 93rd minute from the penalty spot after Moussa Niakhate was adjudged to have handled the ball illegitimately inside the box.
Dennis has now netted 2 goals in 14 appearances in the Premier League. The bad news for the Nigerian forward was that he had to come off due to injury in the 79th minute.
His international teammate Taiwo Awoniyi has been on the sidelines since January due to a groin injury.
Nottingham Forest have now lost back-to-back games and are two points adrift of a place in the relegation zone.
Photo Credit : nottinghamforest.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football