Nigerian midfielder reveals why he would prefer to join Man City over Chelsea, Real MadridPublished: March 17, 2023
Nigerian midfielder George Ejeh has declared that he would like to play for Manchester City under Pep Guardiola.
The 19-year-old currently plies his trade for Al Ahli Club Nabatieh in Lebanon and he was very pivotal in securing promotion for the Lebanese side for the first time last season in their 55-year history.
He started his career with Nasarawa United of Lafia in the Nigeria Premier League before leaving for Lebanon.
Speaking about his dream club, Ejeh told allnigeriasoccer.com : "I would like to play for Manchester City because of Pep Guardiola as I believe he would get the best out of me.
"By doing that, I would be able to stand a chance of winning the African Player of the Year and The Best FIFA Men's Player awards.
"I also want to play for Chelsea and Real Madrid but my dream destination is Manchester City."
When asked to reveal his footballing role models, Ejeh answered: "My role models are Arturo Vidal and Casemiro because I love the way they play.
"Their style of play is similar to mine and I know would be as popular as them in the future".
He also spoke about his versatility as a player and he alluded to the fact that he can play anywhere across the midfield and can do a job as a right back.
Ejeh is represented by former Nigerian professional footballer Maduka Orji Telma who turned out for clubs in Malta, Northern Cyprus and Lebanon during his playing days.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Victor Osimhen alternative: Bayer Leverkusen to demand at least N70b from Chelsea for Super Eagles striker
- Who is Gabrielle Onguene? The free-scoring Cameroon striker that can pose a threat to Super Falcons
- Paris 2024 Olympics qualifiers: Keep an eye on these three Super Falcons players against Cameroon
- Justin Njinmah: Werder Bremen's exciting forward to choose between Nigeria and Germany
- Battle for La Liga U23 POTM: Omorodion faces competition from Man Utd loanee, Barca and Real Madrid stars
- Age debate reignited: Flying Eagles coach Bosso justifies selection of academy boys over NPFL stars
- South Africa GK Williams opens up on what he told Omeruo, Aina, Ekong, Iheanacho before taking spot-kicks
- Porto team news: The likely player to replace Zaidu in starting lineup against Arsenal
- Onyeka credits AFCON for boosting his fitness; shares what Brentford boss told him pre-Man City
- 'Difficult to stop' - Barcelona coach Xavi highlights Osimhen as one of the key players to watch in CL showdown
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football