Onuachu's market value increases by N1b following move to SouthamptonPublished: March 18, 2023
The market value of Paul Onuachu has increased following his move to Premier League side Southampton.
The Saints paid Racing Genk €18million to bring the Nigeria international to the St Mary's Stadium in the January transfer window.
Transfermarkt updated the market value of the lanky striker on Thursday, valuing him at 17 million euros, an increase of two million euros (approximately N11 billion) compared to his valuation on November 4, 2022.
Onuachu was in explosive form prior to his transfer to Southampton, with 17 goals in 22 all-competition appearances for Racing Genk, but he's currently going through one of the most difficult times of his career.
With six Premier League games under his belt, three of which he started, the FA Ebedei product has yet to open his goalscoring account for his new employers.
Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro has kept faith with Onuachu by naming him on the roster for the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches with Guinea-Bissau despite a goal drought that has lasted for 272 minutes.
The 28-year-old is the tenth most valuable player in the Southampton squad and ranks ninth among all players from Nigeria.
Photo Credit : southamptonfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football