'There's no reason for such a reaction' - Slavia coach blasts Super Eagles star over red cardPublished: March 19, 2023
Super Eagles star Peter Olayinka will miss Slavia Prague's upcoming games after he was red carded in the closing minutes of his side's 2-2 draw with FC Slovan Liberec in the Fortuna Liga on Saturday evening.
Two minutes before time, Olayinka overreacted after he was felled in the box, headbutting a Slovan Liberec player, and was rightly sent off by the referee.
Liberec broke the deadlock in the 26th minute when Lukáš Červ scored with the help of Ogbu’s deflection, only for Olayinka to equalize four minutes later when he fired home after a cross from the right wing.
Slavia took the lead in the 65th minute when Olaiynka was brought down by Ndefe inside the box and the Red-Whites were awarded a penalty, which was converted by Mick van Buren.
Victor Olatunji salvaged a point for the home team when he lobbed the goalkeeper in the fifth minute of stoppage time to make it 2-2.
Slavia coach Jindřich Trpišovský slammed Olayinka for his erratic behavior which led to his dismissal, after which his side conceded a second goal.
"We will deal with it clearly. It was when we were leading 2:1, there is no reason for such a reaction," Trpišovský said to Slavia's official website post-match.
"In addition, he was one of the best and most active players in the match, on the other hand, we should have an overview and finish it differently.
"There was no reason for such a reaction, whether he was fouled or not, that is a question, a matter for judgment, but he cannot react like that. It's one thing that he sent us into the ten which caused how we finished, another thing is that we will miss him in the next games.
"It's an incomprehensible short circuit that has never happened to him in the entire five years he's been here.
"We will definitely deal with it with him, I wonder what the reason is that he reacted like that in the first place."
This season, Olayinka has been involved in 22 goals (16 goals, 6 assists) in 31 matches for Slavia Prague. He is moving to Red Star Belgrade in the summer.
Photo Credit : slavia.cz
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football