2023 AFCONQ : Chukwueze, Lookman are contenders for starting places v Guinea-BissauPublished: March 19, 2023
In continuation of our countdown to the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying double-header, we present the two wingers we believe will start against Guinea-Bissau.
Villarreal winger Samuel, Chukwueze has been in sensational form for his Spanish side this season.
The former youth international has weighed in with crucial goals and assists for the Yellow Submarine this season and currently has 21 goal involvements (10 goals, 11 assists) in 37 games across all competitions.
Some Nigerian fans especially from past generations still reminisce on the traditional wing play that sees the player outpace the full backs and whip in the crosses with either their strong right or left feet.
Chukwueze and a lot of present day wingers are of a different breed.
They are deployed on supposedly opposite sides of the pitch where in this context, he cuts infield from the right side with his more dominant left foot and aims for the goal.
Chukwueze is certain to start on the right side of the attack.
Ademola Lookman on his part has been in sensational form for Atalanta with 19 goal involvements 28 matches this term albeit he has not scored a goal for his side in all competitions since 28 January 2023.
The former Leicester and Everton winger has been said to be even technically better than Napoli's Victor Osimhen by Super Eagles head coach Jose Peseiro.
That sounded like a declaration of intent by Peseiro and that could mean having Lookman over Moses Simon on the left side of attack.
All Nigeria Soccer verdict: Except there is a change in tactics by the Super Eagles coaching team, or issues that are injury-related, the duo of Lookman and Chukwueze are expected to start against Guinea-Bissau.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football