'He's very intelligent' - Ex-France striker predicts bright future for Arsenal loanee BalogunPublished: March 21, 2023
Arsenal-owned center forward Folarin Balogun is having his best season to date as a professional player with Stade de Reims.
He has mustered seventeen goals in the Ligue 1 this season and eighteen goals in all competitions for the Red and Whites.
With his strike against Marseille, the Hale End Academy graduate, who is eligible to represent the national teams of United states, England and Nigeria, broke the record for the most goals scored by a Nigeria-eligible player in a single-season in the French top-flight.
The attacker is one goal shy of equaling Glenn Hoddle's record for the most goals scored by an Englishman in a single campaign.
Balogun has hogged the headlines for his impressive performances for Stade de Reims, and a number of high profile clubs are keeping tabs on him with a view to making a swoop for him once his loan deal in France expires.
The 21-year-old has been praised by retired France international striker, Jimmy Briand, who has predicted that he will have a bright future.
In quotes relayed by girondins33.com, Briand said on RMC Sport : "In everything he does, his movements, his ball shots, he is very intelligent. He is a player that I see having a great career. "
Balogun has been named in the latest England U21 squad for their upcoming matches against France and Croatia.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Not our day' - Outstanding defender Ogwuche reacts to Flying Eagles World Cup exit
- Boavista trigger purchase clause in Bruno Onyemaechi's loan deal
- Cremonese knock back Rangers first bid to sign Super Eagles striker
- Confirmed: Chelsea sign youngest-ever goalscorer in history of Fifa U20 World Cup
- Villarreal boss admits Tottenham-linked winger Chukwueze could leave in the summer
- Opinion: Haliru Sarki's absence cost Flying Eagles a place in Fifa U20 World Cup semifinals
- 'It would hurt to hear such a story' - South Korea coach on why he cried after win v Flying Eagles
- RPL Awards: Former Chelsea wing-back Moses misses out on Goal of the Season
- Sturm Graz chief confirms Arsenal GK Okonkwo is back in England after loan spell in Austria
- 'Among the top 8 teams in the world' - Peseiro sends message to Flying Eagles after WC ouster
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football