'He's exciting, fast, direct' - Chelsea's Super Eagles-eligible player praised by Young Lions bossPublished: March 27, 2023
England U21 manager Lee Carsley singled out Chelsea winger Noni Madueke for praise after his eye-catching performance in a 4-0 rout of France in a friendly at the King Power Stadium on Saturday.
The Super Eagles-eligible player was key in the win, coming off the bench to score the Young Lions' second goal, before setting up Curtis Jones and Jacob Ramsey for the third and fourth goal respectively.
Madueke picked up the Player of the Match award after his dazzling display against France despite spending less than 30 minutes on the pitch.
Assessing the performance of the Anglo-Nigerian winger, Carsley predicted that the Tottenham Hotspur academy product has a very bright future.
Madueke first made a name for himself at PSV Eindhoven, where he spent approximately five years, before sealing a transfer to Chelsea in the January transfer window, signing a seven-and-a-half-year deal with a club option for the 2030-2031 season.
The 21-year-old has struggled for game time since transferring to Stamford Bridge with only two starts to his name, and his other two appearances were off the bench.
In quotes relayed by Evening Standard, Carsley said : "Seeing him get that goal and two assists was really pleasing.
"I think his style of play will really suit the Premier League. He’s exciting, fast, direct, and very versatile but what we have to remember is he is still young.
"He is going to need time, match minutes, the time to work on his game but he has high potential.
"Like a lot of the younger players, he just needs an opportunity. They need opportunities to show that talent and given a run of games he will be fine."
Madueke has not started for Chelsea since the 1-0 loss to Southampton on February 18.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football