Arsenal tracking 25-cap Nigeria international as potential replacement for BalogunPublished: March 31, 2023
Premier League table toppers Arsenal have reportedly identified Victor Osimhen as a potential replacement for Folarin Balogun should the Hale End Academy graduate move on to pastures new in the summer.
The England U21 international is being courted by a plethora of clubs in the big five European leagues thanks to his consistent excellent performances for Stade de Reims that have seen him score eighteen goals in all competitions.
Mikel Arteta and Sporting Director Edu have to decide whether they are going to retain Balogun or sell him before the start of next season.
The Evening Standard claims that Arsenal may be tempted to cash in on Balogun and would target a more physical striker as his replacement.
Per the report, Osimhen is among the five attackers being scouted by the Gunners ahead of the summer, the others being onetime Nigeria Football Federation target now cap-tied to England, Tammy Abraham, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Dusan Vlahovic and Rasmus Hojlund.
The 25-cap Nigeria international was wanted by Arsenal seven years ago after winning the Golden Boot at the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup but opted to join Wolfsburg instead.
Osimhen's asking price remains a sticking point, with the striker valued at more than 120 million euros by Napoli chiefs despite having approximately two years left on his contract.
The former Lille man is one goal way from equaling George Weah's record for the most goals scored by an African player in the Italian top division.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Waldrum cites Chelsea v Liverpool as he discusses Super Falcons' showdown with clinical Bayana Bayana side
- Deborah Abiodun reacts: Super Falcons to face Bayana Bayana in final phase of Paris 2024 Olympic qualifiers
- Three uncapped teenagers who could break into Super Eagles squad before 2026 World Cup
- Back in the groove: Rangers striker Cyriel Dessers named Scottish Premiership Player of the Week
- Race for Victor Osimhen: Chelsea concerned about missing out on African POTY
- Kickoff to profit mastering football betting with Tedbet
- 'Didn't give Rashford a kick' - PL all-time top scorer Shearer hails Bassey for pocketing Man Utd striker
- Fulham midfielder Iwobi named in PL TOTW alongside Arsenal and Man City stars
- Who is Sylvester Jasper? The Fulham product observed by Peseiro; insists he's good enough for Super Eagles
- Medical update: Porto's Super Eagles LB Zaidu operated on by Cristiano Ronaldo's most trusted doctor
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football