2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner Victor Moses returns to action after 238 daysPublished: April 01, 2023
2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner Victor Moses finally made his comeback from injury on Saturday afternoon as Spartak Moscow were held to a goalless draw by Akhmat Grozny in a Russian Premier League game at Otkritie Bank Arena.
Before the visit of Akhmat Grozny, his last outing for the Muscovites was 238 days ago, on August 6, 2022, when he suffered a serious injury against Ural, which required surgery.
Having recovered from injury, Moses was a non-playing substitute in back-to-back matches against Ural and Orenburg before the international break in March.
The 32-year-old came off the bench to replace Ignatov in the 62nd minute against Akhmat Grozny - his first appearance for Spartak Moscow since rupturing the Achilles tendon.
It took his total appearances for the season to five games in which he has found the net on two occasions.
Moses will enter the final year of his contract with the Red and Whites at the end of the season and there has been recent speculation surrounding his future, with reports suggesting that the Russian Premier League giants are looking to cash in on the former Nigeria international in the summer transfer window.
After twenty one matches in the Russian Premier League, Spartak Moscow are third in the standings with 41 points, ten less than leaders Zenit Saint Petersburg.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- What has gone wrong for Samuel Chukwueze at Italian giants AC Milan?
- Moffi's fastest goal of the season not enough as OGC Nice succumb to defeat against Toulouse
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football