Moffi back in business with 17th goal of the season after Super Eagles dutyPublished: April 02, 2023
Terem Moffi put his international disappointment aside as he netted a goal in OGC Nice's 1-1 draw with Angers and has now recorded 16 league goals in this campaign in the Ligue 1, and seventeen in all competitions.
Moffi opened the scoreline as early as the 4th minute when Gaetan Laborde found him through a brilliant pass and he made no mistake burying the ball in the back of the net.
The home side, Angers restored parity in the 15th minute through Ibrahima Niane.
Moffi came close to scoring again in the 31st minute when Nicolas Pepe gave him a tidy pass but the Super Eagle striker couldn't hit the target.
The game ended 1-1 at the end of the first half as both teams failed to hit the target after Niane's 15-minute strike.
It was Angers that looked more like scoring in the second half as both Nabil Bentaleb and Himad Abdelli's efforts were thwarted by Nice goalkeeper, Kasper Schmeichel.
Bilal Brahimi replaced Moffi who had a quiet second half in the 73rd minute.
The striker who is on loan with Nice has now netted 4 times in the Ligue 1 for the Eaglets, finding the back of the net twice in his last 2 games.
The result leaves Nice 8th on the log with 45 points with nine league games left to be played.
Photo Credit : ogcnice,.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football