Former Man Utd striker Ighalo nominated for West Asia Player of the MonthPublished: April 05, 2023
Former Manchester United star Odion Ighalo has been nominated for the Best Player award in the West Asian region for the month of March.
The Asian Football Confederation announced that the Al-Hilal center forward has been shortlisted for the award along with Abdul Razzaq Hamdallah (Al Ittihad Saudi Arabia), Federico Cartabia (Shabab Al-Ahly Dubai, UAE), Michael Olunga (Al-Duhail Qatari), Ali Adawi (Shabab Al-Dhahiriya Palestinian), Muhammad Daham (Al-Nasr Kuwaiti) and Ernest Barfo (Bahrain Sitra).
The idea of the monthly award to choose the best player in the West Asian region is based on many criteria, the most important of which is the role of the player in influencing the results of his team by scoring and assisting goals in addition to the importance of the matches played, and his role in international matches played by his country.
Ighalo netted four goals in the Saudi Pro League during the month of March - one each against Al-Wehda FC and Ettifaq FC, and a brace against Al-Taawoun FC.
With sixteen goals, including his brace against Al Feiha on Tuesday, Ighalo is the leading marksman in the Saudi Arabian top-flight.
The 33-year-old has found the net in five consecutive matches in League and Cup, for only the second time since joining Al-Hilal.
Ighalo's future is set to be one of the stories of the summer transfer window as his contract is up at the end of the season.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer is attracting interest from rich clubs in the Gulf and a couple of European teams.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football