Nigerian winger reveals Man Utd are his dream club amid links with Belgian Pro League duoPublished: April 07, 2023
Nigerian left winger Wale Alli has revealed that he dreams of playing for Premier League giants Manchester United one day.
The 22-year-old has emerged as a transfer target of Jupiler Pro League duo Sint-Truidense V.V and K.V. Kortrijk thanks to his impressive displays for Czech First League team Zbrojovka Brno this season.
Alli reckons that he could seal a transfer to a club in the top five European Leagues if his move to Belgium materializes and he does well in the country.
Since his arrival in the Czech Republic last summer, he has played in 28 matches, registering three goals and six assists.
"If I play at least one season in Belgium I should move to one of the top five leagues in Europe, " Alli told allnigeriasoccer.com on Thursday.
"Manchester United are my dream club, I want to play for them. I have been a Manchester United fan since I was young.
"It was because of Cristiano Ronaldo I started supporting the club. But he has left, now I like Marcus Rashford."
Alli went on to reveal his qualities as a player and why Argentina superstar Lionel Messi is his role model.
"I am a good dribbler, I like to hold the ball and create problems for defenders. I am a left winger, I played as a center forward three times when I was in Estonia but my position is winger.
"My role model is Lionel Messi because he doesn't allow defenders to rest."
Alli's contract with Zbrojovka Brno runs until June 30, 2024, though, there's a club option for the 2024-2025 season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & more
- Awoniyi namechecks Iheanacho as he explains why Liverpool move didn't work out
- Arsenal v Tottenham combined XI: Udogie among three Spurs players in defence
- Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift Orban
- Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setback
- Chelsea winger Madueke ready to face Aston Villa after first omission from gameday squad in 12 matches
- Boniface, Ogbu join West Ham and Brighton stars, 7 others in Europa League Team of the Week
- Bad news for Peseiro ahead of friendly v Saudi Arabia after latest update on Porto LB Sanusi
- Warning for Saka ahead of North London derby as Udogie is named Tottenham Hotspur's fastest player
- The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixture
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football