'We're aiming for three points' - Moffi fires warning to Mbappe, Messi & Co. pre-PSGPublished: April 07, 2023
Terem Moffi has sent a warning to Paris Saint-Germain ahead of the Ligue 1 tie between Nice and the table-toppers on Saturday.
Moffi, who has mustered 16 Ligue 1 goals and 2 assists in 25 games, joined Nice on loan in January and has bagged four goals for the Eaglets.
The Super Eagles striker has a great record against the Parisians. He has 3 goals in 5 games against PSG.
Paris Saint-Germain have in their ranks two of the best strikers in the world in the shape of Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi.
While the France skipper is topping the scoring charts with nineteen goals to his name, the Argentina captain has registered thirteen assists from 24 games, more than any other player in the division.
Despite the firepower in PSG's attack, Moffi is confident of Nice clinching three points against the star-studded vistors from the capital.
Speaking ahead of their tie at Allianz Riviera, Moffi told Nice Matin, via Paris Team : "We are looking to bounce back after the match in Angers (1-1), which we consider a defeat. We want to finish as high as possible and qualify for Europe.
"For that, we are aiming for the three points against PSG, it will be complicated but you have to give yourself the means to do it.
"Playing Paris is always different because there are great players in all positions. You will have to be on top mentally and physically".
Nice is not in the best shape, having been winless in their last four games and that has taken a hit at their ambition to finish in a European spot. They sit 8th with 45 points.
PSG have also lost their last two games and that has seen their lead at the top of the table reduced to 6 points.
Nice lost to the table-toppers in the reverse fixture and will be counting on Moffi for a positive result on Saturday night.
Photo Credit : ogcnice.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football