Napoli lose second game since Osimhen's injury, beaten by AC Milan in Champions LeaguePublished: April 12, 2023
Napoli lost their second game in the space of ten days without their talismanic striker Victor Osimhen as they were beaten by Serie A rivals AC Milan in a UEFA Champions League quarterfinal first leg clash at Stadio San Siro on Wednesday night.
The Parthenopeans have a one-goal disadvantage going into next Tuesday's return leg at the Diego Maradona Stadium.
Osimhen was unavailable for selection for the trip to Milan because he's still recovering from a tear in the abductor muscle - an injury he suffered while on international duty with the Super Eagles late last month.
The 24-year-old did not train fully with the rest of his teammates in their final workout at SSC Napoli Konami Training Center on Tuesday.
It remains to be seen whether or not the number 9 will be available for selection for the second leg in Naples.
Napoli manager Luciano Spalletti has a lot to ponder on ahead of the second leg and the return of Osimhen could be a massive factor on the outcome of the game.
Spalletti will not be able to count on the services of André-Frank Zambo Anguissa and influential central defender Kim Minjae with both suspended after picking up cautions tonight.
AC Milan go into the fixture next Tuesday with a one-goal lead thanks to Ismael Bennacer whose low shot beat the Napoli goalkeeper in the 40th minute.
Mike Maignan came to the rescue of Milan just before the end with a magnificent save to keep out Giovanni Di Lorenzo's effort.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & more
- Awoniyi namechecks Iheanacho as he explains why Liverpool move didn't work out
- Arsenal v Tottenham combined XI: Udogie among three Spurs players in defence
- Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift Orban
- Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setback
- Chelsea winger Madueke ready to face Aston Villa after first omission from gameday squad in 12 matches
- Boniface, Ogbu join West Ham and Brighton stars, 7 others in Europa League Team of the Week
- Bad news for Peseiro ahead of friendly v Saudi Arabia after latest update on Porto LB Sanusi
- Warning for Saka ahead of North London derby as Udogie is named Tottenham Hotspur's fastest player
- The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixture
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football