'Too easy for Kjaer, Tomori' - 1985 Arsenal POTY discusses impact of Napoli missing OsimhenPublished: April 13, 2023
1985 Arsenal Player of the Year, Stewart Robson believes Victor Osimhen would have made a difference if he was passed fit to face AC Milan in Wednesday's Champions League clash at the San Siro.
Napoli manager Luciano Spalletti said he didn't want to risk the Nigeria international for the first leg.
Osimhen is recovering from a muscle injury he suffered while on international duty with the Super Eagles last month and is racing against the clock to be in tiptop condition for the return leg.
AC Milan go into the fixture next Tuesday with a one-goal lead thanks to Ismael Bennacer whose low shot beat the Napoli goalkeeper in the 40th minute.
From a Napoli perspective, it wasn't a great performance by the Serie A table toppers as they looked vulnerable when Milan went on the counter and they also lacked the cutting edge.
Without a physical center forward troubling the Milan back line, Robson noted that Fikayo Tomori and his center back partner Simon Kjaer had little work to do.
Asked if he thinks Osimhen would have made a difference in the game, Robson said on ESPN : "I think he would have done. They played Eljif Elmas up front who is really a wide player or an attacking midfield player and they dominated the game in the early stages.
"If they had a center forward like Osimhen they could have played balls down the side.
"He could have been a physical threat when balls came in the box because it was too easy for the two center halves for Milan - Simon Kjaer and Tomori. They had it quite easy. "
Osimhen has scored four goals in five appearances in this season's Champions League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Watch: 2023 Super Eagles invitee Gift Orban sent off for the first time in his pro career
- Sheffield Utd's Nigerian defender watches on from the bench as Newcastle make PL history
- 'Should have scored at least 25 goals' - Bayer star Boniface reacts after breaking 29yo Bundesliga record
- 'Ended up as the dominant player' - Tottenham coach has his say on duel between Udogie and Saka
- Super Eagles watch: Boniface matches Haaland's feat, Dessers nets winner for Rangers, Lookman back to form
- 'Just needs to calm down' - Pundit reckons Tottenham LB Udogie had a shaky first half performance v Arsenal
- 'Some even compare him to Napoli star Osimhen' - Danish media hails Arsenal U18 hat-trick hero Obi
- 'Imagine him alongside Caicedo' - Pundit wants Ugochukwu to partner Chelsea's history-making midfielder
- Tottenham legend Harry Kane puts Boniface in his place after historic display for Bayern Munich
- 'He is going to sign an important contract' - Fabrizio Romano on the future of Arsenal super kid Nwaneri
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football