Peseiro must invite Boniface, Gift Orban for Super Eagles' next AFCON qualifierPublished: April 13, 2023
Victor Boniface and Gift Orban were in great form in European club football competitions on Thursday and continued to show why they must be capped by the Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro in the team's next international game.
While Orban did not score in Gent's 1-1 draw against West Ham United in the UEFA Conference League quarter final first leg tie at home, Boniface was in action for 89 minutes in Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's draw against Bayer Leverkusen.
No player has scored more UEL goals this season than Victor Boniface with six.
Boniface's hold-up play and quick feet were great spectacles on the night and it must be seen as a injustice against him and disservice to the country's football if he is not considered for the next round of 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Same goes for Orban who did not score but was close enough with an acrobatic effort that saw the ball hit the woodwork.
The striker who has been described by some Nigerians as the 'African Rooney' was expected to had been part of the U-23 Eagles, side that failed to qualify for the CAF U-23 Africa Cup of Nations which serves as qualifiers to the 2024 Olympics.
Instructively, his invitation letter got late to his Belgian club and they turned down the chance to release him then.
This time, barring injury setback, the Nigeria Football Federation and Super coaching crew must ensure that it is pertinent to invite both forwards for the next matches based on their fantastic forms which Nigerians see almost every other week.
It is time that the Super Eagles team is freshened up with players who must be rightly seen as good competition for those currently making the squad.
There are Super Eagles forwards in particular and others in general who have performed below par and must not be allowed to deny other in-form players passage to international breakthroughs.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Watch: 2023 Super Eagles invitee Gift Orban sent off for the first time in his pro career
- Sheffield Utd's Nigerian defender watches on from the bench as Newcastle make PL history
- 'Should have scored at least 25 goals' - Bayer star Boniface reacts after breaking 29yo Bundesliga record
- 'Ended up as the dominant player' - Tottenham coach has his say on duel between Udogie and Saka
- Super Eagles watch: Boniface matches Haaland's feat, Dessers nets winner for Rangers, Lookman back to form
- 'Just needs to calm down' - Pundit reckons Tottenham LB Udogie had a shaky first half performance v Arsenal
- 'Some even compare him to Napoli star Osimhen' - Danish media hails Arsenal U18 hat-trick hero Obi
- 'Imagine him alongside Caicedo' - Pundit wants Ugochukwu to partner Chelsea's history-making midfielder
- Tottenham legend Harry Kane puts Boniface in his place after historic display for Bayern Munich
- 'He is going to sign an important contract' - Fabrizio Romano on the future of Arsenal super kid Nwaneri
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football