Argentina-bound Flying Eagles to discover World Cup opponents on FridayPublished: April 17, 2023
The Bureau of the FIFA Council has confirmed Argentina as the host of the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2023.
The decision follows the removal of the original tournament host, Indonesia, as well as a subsequent bid submitted by the Argentinian Football Association (AFA) and an on-site inspection by a FIFA delegation to the South American country last week.
The hosting agreement has been signed by the AFA, along with all other relevant documents on the part of the host and local authorities.
The Flying Eagles will discover their World Cup opponents on Friday, April 21 when the draw is made at the Home of FIFA in Zurich.
Nigeria qualified for the World Cup after finishing in third place at the 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations.
A total of twenty four countries will be drawn into six groups of four with matches taking place in yet to be confirmed venues.
The Flying Eagles are in Pot 3 alongside Uzbekistan, Japan, Iraq, Honduras and Fiji.
The 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup kicks off on May 20 with the final taking place on June 11, 2023.
Flying Eagles manager Ladan Bosso has invited thirty nine players to a training camp to begin their final preparations for the tournament in Argentina, with 2023 Super Eagles invitees Chijioke Aniagboso and Daniel Bameyi part of the group.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro handed boost pre-Saudi Arabia as Fenerbahce defender returns to action
- Six games without scoring: Gent coach highlights Gift Orban's struggles in front of goal in recent weeks
- 'He's good but Osimhen is better' - Transfer insider urges Arsenal to prioritise signing of Nigerian over Toney
- Key stat shows dogged Tottenham left-back Udogie is the dirtiest player in the Premier League this season
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football