'A top striker' - Ex-Millwall star says Victor Boniface is a better forward than Brighton's UndavPublished: April 18, 2023
Former Millwall star Bob Peeters reckons that Victor Boniface is a better striker than Brighton & Hove's Deniz Undav.
Royale Union Saint-Gilloise acquired Boniface from Norwegian outfit Bodo/Glimt last summer as a replacement for Undav, who was sold to sister club Brighton & Hove for a club record fee of seven million euros.
Boniface joined Royale Union Saint-Gilloise for a fee of two million euros and now has a price tag of at least ten million euros, which could make him the most expensive player sold by the Jupiler Pro League side if he moves on to pastures new as expected in the summer.
The 22-year-old is attracting interest from clubs in England, Germany, France and Spain but no formal bid has been made for his services as of now.
Since transferring to Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, Boniface has registered 24 goal involvements (15 goals, 9 assists) in forty three appearances for the club, and is the joint top scorer in the Europa League with six goals, along with Manchester United star Marcus Rashford.
"He is going to break all records. With Boniface, Union brought in a better striker than Undav," Peeters told Play 6, via Voetbalnieuws.
"He has strength, speed, technique, scoring ability. A top striker. The sky is the limit for him."
Boniface could further put himself in the shop window with another impressive performance on Thursday when Royale Union Saint-Gilloise take on Bayer Leverkusen in the Europa League quarterfinals.
Photo Credit : uefa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football