UWCL : Ex-Arsenal striker Oshoala gets medical green light to face Chelsea, Lopez in Barca squad tooPublished: April 21, 2023
Barcelona have officially confirmed that Super Falcons striker Asisat Oshoala has received the medical green light to take to the pitch in Saturday's UEFA Women's Champions League semi-final first leg tie against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in London.
Oshoala had been suffering from physical problems, which kept her out of the Primera División Femenina clash against Atlético Madrid six days ago, after her international commitments with Nigeria this month.
The five-time African Women's Footballer of the Year will be relishing the prospect of facing Chelsea due to her previous connection with another London club Arsenal, with whom she won the FA Women's Cup in 2016 after joining from Liverpool.
Oshoala was in the Barcelona side that beat Chelsea to win the UEFA Women's Champions League in 2021.
The Nigerian and her teammates will train at Stamford Bridge on Friday, starting from 1230 hours.
Barcelona coach Jonatan Giráldez has included youth team players Maria Pérez and Vicky López in the 26-player provisional squad.
Born to a Nigerian mother and Spanish father, Lopez won the Golden Ball at the 2022 FIFA U17 Women's World Cup.
The 16-year-old has been called up again to Barcelona's fist team after scoring in their 4-0 rout of Rasheedat Ajibade's Atlético Madrid last Saturday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Victor Osimhen alternative: Bayer Leverkusen to demand at least N70b from Chelsea for Super Eagles striker
- Who is Gabrielle Onguene? The free-scoring Cameroon striker that can pose a threat to Super Falcons
- Paris 2024 Olympics qualifiers: Keep an eye on these three Super Falcons players against Cameroon
- Justin Njinmah: Werder Bremen's exciting forward to choose between Nigeria and Germany
- Battle for La Liga U23 POTM: Omorodion faces competition from Man Utd loanee, Barca and Real Madrid stars
- Age debate reignited: Flying Eagles coach Bosso justifies selection of academy boys over NPFL stars
- South Africa GK Williams opens up on what he told Omeruo, Aina, Ekong, Iheanacho before taking spot-kicks
- Porto team news: The likely player to replace Zaidu in starting lineup against Arsenal
- Onyeka credits AFCON for boosting his fitness; shares what Brentford boss told him pre-Man City
- 'Difficult to stop' - Barcelona coach Xavi highlights Osimhen as one of the key players to watch in CL showdown
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football