UWCL : Ex-Arsenal striker Oshoala gets medical green light to face Chelsea, Lopez in Barca squad tooPublished: April 21, 2023
Barcelona have officially confirmed that Super Falcons striker Asisat Oshoala has received the medical green light to take to the pitch in Saturday's UEFA Women's Champions League semi-final first leg tie against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in London.
Oshoala had been suffering from physical problems, which kept her out of the Primera División Femenina clash against Atlético Madrid six days ago, after her international commitments with Nigeria this month.
The five-time African Women's Footballer of the Year will be relishing the prospect of facing Chelsea due to her previous connection with another London club Arsenal, with whom she won the FA Women's Cup in 2016 after joining from Liverpool.
Oshoala was in the Barcelona side that beat Chelsea to win the UEFA Women's Champions League in 2021.
The Nigerian and her teammates will train at Stamford Bridge on Friday, starting from 1230 hours.
Barcelona coach Jonatan Giráldez has included youth team players Maria Pérez and Vicky López in the 26-player provisional squad.
Born to a Nigerian mother and Spanish father, Lopez won the Golden Ball at the 2022 FIFA U17 Women's World Cup.
The 16-year-old has been called up again to Barcelona's fist team after scoring in their 4-0 rout of Rasheedat Ajibade's Atlético Madrid last Saturday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football