UWCL : Two Nigeria-eligible strikers named in Barcelona provisional squad to face ChelseaPublished: April 26, 2023
Spanish Primera División champions Barcelona have announced their provisional squad for the second leg of their UEFA Women’s Champions League semi-final encounter against Chelsea at the Camp Nou on Thursday evening.
Two Nigeria-eligible strikers in the shape of Asisat Oshoala and Vicky Lopez are part of the 26-player squad list announced on Wednesday afternoon.
Oshoala has retained her place in the squad after recovering from physical problems, while Lopez is one of the youth teamers promoted to the first team for the visit of Chelsea.
In her first game back from injury, Oshoala lasted six minutes on the pitch after coming off the bench to replace match-winner Caroline Graham Hansen in the first leg in London.
The 16-year-old Lopez couldn't make her second appearance in the UEFA Women's Champions League as she remained on the bench for the entirety of last week's semifinal first leg clash at Stamford Bridge.
Barcelona coach Jonatan Giráldez has to decide whether or not Oshoala is available to start after she was only fit for a substitutes' role in the first leg.
The Nigeria international has tallied 25 goals in all competitions so far this season with five of them coming in the UEFA Women's Champions League.
A five-time African Women's Footballer of the Year, the former Arsenal and Liverpool attacker is the first African player to score in a UEFA Women's Champions League final, against Olympique Lyonnais back in 2019.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Waldrum cites Chelsea v Liverpool as he discusses Super Falcons' showdown with clinical Bayana Bayana side
- Deborah Abiodun reacts: Super Falcons to face Bayana Bayana in final phase of Paris 2024 Olympic qualifiers
- Three uncapped teenagers who could break into Super Eagles squad before 2026 World Cup
- Back in the groove: Rangers striker Cyriel Dessers named Scottish Premiership Player of the Week
- Race for Victor Osimhen: Chelsea concerned about missing out on African POTY
- Kickoff to profit mastering football betting with Tedbet
- 'Didn't give Rashford a kick' - PL all-time top scorer Shearer hails Bassey for pocketing Man Utd striker
- Fulham midfielder Iwobi named in PL TOTW alongside Arsenal and Man City stars
- Who is Sylvester Jasper? The Fulham product observed by Peseiro; insists he's good enough for Super Eagles
- Medical update: Porto's Super Eagles LB Zaidu operated on by Cristiano Ronaldo's most trusted doctor
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football