KV Oostende unlikely to sign Celtic-owned Nigerian defender on full dealPublished: April 26, 2023
KV Oostende will reportedly pass up the opportunity to sign Celtic's Dutch-born Nigerian central defender Osaze Urhoghide on a full deal in the summer.
Accordingly to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad, it is looking likely that twelve players will depart KV Oostende at the end of the season, and Urhoghide has been listed among the players heading for the exit door.
KV Oostende will be competing in the Challenger Pro League next season following their demotion from the Jupiler Pro League, and with a reduced budget, they are unlikely to make Urhoghide's move permanent.
The 2019 Nigeria U23 invitee initially joined KV Oostende on loan for the second half of last season with an option to buy included in the deal taking him to De Kustboys.
The center back was took expensive to be acquired on a permanent basis at the end of the 2021-2022 campaign, so he had to return to the club on a season-long last summer with another option to buy negotiated between KVO and Celtic.
Nothing has changed as the purchase clause is proving too pricey for KV Oostende according to the Belgian newspaper.
The 22-year-old made thirty six appearances across all competitions in one and a half seasons at KV Oostende.
Although Urhoghide is under contract at Celtic until June 2025, it seems there is no place for him at the Hoops considering the fact that he has made just one appearance for the club since his move from Sheffield Wednesday.
Photo Credit : kvo.be
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football