KV Oostende unlikely to sign Celtic-owned Nigerian defender on full dealPublished: April 26, 2023
KV Oostende will reportedly pass up the opportunity to sign Celtic's Dutch-born Nigerian central defender Osaze Urhoghide on a full deal in the summer.
Accordingly to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad, it is looking likely that twelve players will depart KV Oostende at the end of the season, and Urhoghide has been listed among the players heading for the exit door.
KV Oostende will be competing in the Challenger Pro League next season following their demotion from the Jupiler Pro League, and with a reduced budget, they are unlikely to make Urhoghide's move permanent.
The 2019 Nigeria U23 invitee initially joined KV Oostende on loan for the second half of last season with an option to buy included in the deal taking him to De Kustboys.
The center back was took expensive to be acquired on a permanent basis at the end of the 2021-2022 campaign, so he had to return to the club on a season-long last summer with another option to buy negotiated between KVO and Celtic.
Nothing has changed as the purchase clause is proving too pricey for KV Oostende according to the Belgian newspaper.
The 22-year-old made thirty six appearances across all competitions in one and a half seasons at KV Oostende.
Although Urhoghide is under contract at Celtic until June 2025, it seems there is no place for him at the Hoops considering the fact that he has made just one appearance for the club since his move from Sheffield Wednesday.
Photo Credit : kvo.be
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Victor Osimhen alternative: Bayer Leverkusen to demand at least N70b from Chelsea for Super Eagles striker
- Who is Gabrielle Onguene? The free-scoring Cameroon striker that can pose a threat to Super Falcons
- Paris 2024 Olympics qualifiers: Keep an eye on these three Super Falcons players against Cameroon
- Justin Njinmah: Werder Bremen's exciting forward to choose between Nigeria and Germany
- Battle for La Liga U23 POTM: Omorodion faces competition from Man Utd loanee, Barca and Real Madrid stars
- Age debate reignited: Flying Eagles coach Bosso justifies selection of academy boys over NPFL stars
- South Africa GK Williams opens up on what he told Omeruo, Aina, Ekong, Iheanacho before taking spot-kicks
- Porto team news: The likely player to replace Zaidu in starting lineup against Arsenal
- Onyeka credits AFCON for boosting his fitness; shares what Brentford boss told him pre-Man City
- 'Difficult to stop' - Barcelona coach Xavi highlights Osimhen as one of the key players to watch in CL showdown
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football