Nigerian exports : Gift Orban, Afolabi end drought; Ujah nets consolation; Onyekachi, Kehinde shinePublished: April 29, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com's comprehensive review of the Nigerian players that found the back of the net for their respective foreign clubs in league matches on Friday, April 28, 2023.
It's now 15 goals in 17 all-competition appearances for Gift Orban after he found the back of the net for KAA Gent in a 3-1 win over KVC Westerlo in the Jupiler Pro League playoffs.
Orban ended a five-game goal drought when he wrapped up the scoring in the 88th minute, 12 minutes after entering the game as a substitute.
In the German 2 Bundesliga, out of favor Super Eagles striker Anthony Ujah is one goal away from reaching double digits after his consolation goal for Eintracht Braunschweig in their 5-1 defeat suffered at the hands of SC Paderborn at the Home Deluxe Arena.
With the visitors trailing by three goals, Ujah pulled one back in the 53rd minute for his ninth of the season in the league.
Peter Onyekachi scored in back-to-back home matches for the first time this season as Hapoel Ramat haSharon thrashed Maccabi Ahi Nazareth 4-0 in the Israeli Liga Leumit.
The former Abia Warriors and Enyimba striker closed the scoring in the third minute of stoppage time, taking his tally to six goals in the process.
Still in the division, Lanre Kehinde's tenth goal of the season helped Hapoel Nof HaGalil claim a 2-0 victory over SC Kfar Kasem. He doubled the advantage in the first minute of stoppage time.
In the Lithuanian A Lyga, Hegelmann Litauen hammered FK Suduva 6-0 in the eleventh round of matches.
In the 74th minute, Samuel Odeoyibo added his name to the scorers' list after a corner kick, before Gavi Thompson wrapped up the scoring with a close range finish at minute 88.
Former Celtic striker Jonathan Afolabi ended a six-game goal drought as Bohemian and University College Dublin shared the spoils with a 1-1 draw in a League of Ireland Premier Division clash.
Eight minutes into the second half, Afolabi with a great turn and finish opened the scoring for Bohemian.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- What has gone wrong for Samuel Chukwueze at Italian giants AC Milan?
- Moffi's fastest goal of the season not enough as OGC Nice succumb to defeat against Toulouse
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football