Boniface, Gift Orban goals help Belgian clubs record away winsPublished: May 07, 2023
Victor Boniface and Gift Orban have now scored sixteen goals each for Royale Union Saint-Gilloise and KAA Gent respectively after they found the net in the Jupiler Pro League playoffs on Saturday.
The Buffalos took an important three points on their visit to Standard Liege with Orban opening the scoring in a 2-1 win.
After his goal just past the half-hour mark, the 20-year-old almost scored again, but his brilliant lob hit the crossbar, before his goal was disallowed by the referee.
Gent manager Hein Vanhaezebrouck took him off for Tarik Tissoudali with five minutes remaining.
Since his arrival at Gent in the January transfer window, Orban has scored eleven goals in the league and notched five in the Europa Conference League before the Buffalos were eliminated from the competition.
Meanwhile, Victor Boniface ended an eight-game goal drought in the Jupiler Pro League when he found the net for Union SG in their 2-1 road win over Club Brugge.
Boniface broke the deadlock in the 41st minute when he received a pass from Siebe Van Der Heyden and fired past Club Brugge goalkeeper Mignolet.
He has six goals in the Europa League, two in the Belgian Cup and eight in the Jupiler Pro League playoffs.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football