Former Jupiler Pro League top scorer not surprised Boniface has taken Belgium by stormPublished: May 12, 2023
Former Jupiler Pro League top scorer Ole Martin Arst has revealed that he is not surprised with the performance of Victor Boniface for Royale Union Saint-Gilloise having shown his qualities when he arrived at the club.
Royale Union Saint-Gilloise signed Boniface last summer from Bodo/Glimt and he has been exceptional for the Belgian outfit.
This season, Boniface has directly participated in 31 goals (21 goals, 10 assists) in 51 appearances combined for Bodo/Glimt and Union SG.
The Nigerian striker netted 6 goals in 10 games in the Europa League before Union SG were knocked out by Bayern Leverkusen, making him the joint top scorer in the competition alongside Manchester United forward, Marcus Rashford.
Arst, who turned out for KAA Gent, RSC Anderlecht and Standard Liege in his playing days, told DH Les Sports, via Voetbal Primeur : "He arrived as a big star in the making. Many said that we should pay attention to this nugget. Unfortunately, he was often injured, which was difficult.
"However, we could already see that with his qualities he would soon enter a larger competition, he was the striker with the greatest potential,"
Boniface's outstanding performance has put him in the running for the Ebony shoe which is an award given to the best player of African descent in the Belgian Pro League.
The 22-year-old has also been linked with an exit from RUSG in the summer transfer window.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- What has gone wrong for Samuel Chukwueze at Italian giants AC Milan?
- Moffi's fastest goal of the season not enough as OGC Nice succumb to defeat against Toulouse
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football