Best conversion rate : Awoniyi ranked 6th in PL behind Man City, Newcastle, Liverpool starsPublished: May 15, 2023
Nottingham Forest striker Taiwo Awoniyi has the sixth best conversion rate in the English Premier League so far this season, according to football statistics website Whoscored.com.
With back-to-back braces in his last two appearances in the top-flight, the Super Eagles star took his tally for the season to eight goals in 25 games after his man of the match display against Chelsea at the weekend.
Awoniyi has a conversion rate of 24.2 percent, which is bettered by only five other players in the Premier League.
Manchester City star Erling Haaland leads the way with a conversion rate of 31.3 percent, followed by Newcastle United's Callum Wilson (26.2%), Manchester City's Phil Foden (25.6%), Newcastle United's Alexander Isak (24.4%) and Liverpool's Roberto Firmino (24.3%).
Awoniyi ranks higher than Tottenham Hotspur icon Harry Kane (22 %) and Brentford striker Ivan Toney (21.3%)
Should Nottingham Forest beat the drop, they have to be grateful to Awoniyi who netted match-winning goals against West Ham United, Liverpool and Southampton, giving them nine precious points.
The 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup winner was not available for selection in nine Premier League matches due to a groin injury he sustained against the Saints in January.
Steve Cooper's side picked up points in all the matches Awoniyi found the net with the exception of the 3-2 loss to Fulham in September.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football