What Dominican Republic players have said ahead of historic game against Flying EaglesPublished: May 21, 2023
The Dominican Republic players are fired up ahead of their 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup opener against the Flying Eagles at the Malvinas Argentinas Stadium.
Today's clash in Mendoza is a historic game for the second largest country in the Caribbean as it will mark the first time that they have played a game in the FIFA U20 World Cup.
The team coached by Walter Benitez became the first Dominican Republic representatives to compete at a FIFA World Cup at any level by virtue of finishing second in the 2022 CONCACAF U-20 Championship.
One of Dominican football’s most promising talents, Edison Azcona, and Cibao FC midfielder Àngel Montes De Oca are looking forward to the game against Nigeria.
"We are very excited and very happy because we will have our first game, we are going to go out on the field to give 150%," Azcona said to the official website of the Dominican Football Federation.
Àngel Montes De Oca added : "Being here is a great opportunity for us, we are going to give it our all and show that the Dominican Republic is present.
"Before it was a dream and it is now a reality, we are going to debut in a soccer World Cup."
Defender Kleffer Marres noted that Dominican Republic have prepared well for the U20 World Cup.
As part of their preparations for the World Cup, Los Quisqueyanos faced Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Honduras, Uzbekistan and Ecuador in friendly matches.
"I think we are doing very well because every time one advances through the phase as we have been doing, it grows in the level.
"We are ready and united to give everything for the country".
Photo Credit: fedofutbol.do
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football