Serie A: Midfielder named in Flying Eagles provisional WC squad receives first Inter Milan call-upPublished: May 21, 2023
Nigerian-born youngster Ebenezer Akinsanmiro has received his first competitive call-up to Inter Milan's senior team for Sunday evening's Italian Serie A clash against champions Napoli at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona.
Akinsanmiro arrived at Inter Milan from Nigerian setup Remo Stars in the January transfer window, putting pen to paper on a deal until the end of the 2025-2026 season.
The 2004-born player was snapped up by Inter Milan after he caught the eye at the Viareggio Cup World Football Tournament whilst playing for Beyond Limits.
Inter Milan manager Simone Inzaghi has rewarded Akinsanmiro with a call-up to the first team after his consistent impressive performances for the Nerazzurri U19 squad, and also his commitment to the club.
The talented central midfielder is on the bench against Napoli and will be wearing the number 43 at the back of his jersey if he enters the game as a substitute.
Akinsanmiro was named in Nigeria's provisional squad for the 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup and could have been on the plane to Argentina but was blocked from playing in the tournament by the leadership of Inter Milan.
Since landing at Inter Milan, the 18-year-old has appeared in fourteen matches for the Primavera squad and has registered three assists.
Photo Credit : Inter.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football