'We had Mikel' - Ex-Flying Eagles striker Adams reveals he wanted to emulate Chelsea legend, other PL starsPublished: May 22, 2023
Former Nigeria U20 international Akor Adams has been speaking about his footballing journey in a lengthy interview with the Norwegian press.
Adams is unarguably in the best form of his career since turning professional having scored at least one goal in each of his last six games in the Norwegian Eliteserien.
The 23-year-old also starred in the Norwegian Cup, helping Lillestrom qualify for the showpiece, where they were beaten 2-0 by SK Brann at the weekend.
Lillestrom have a fight on their hands to keep hold of Adams when the transfer window reopens, with several clubs in the top ten European leagues including Werder Bremen keeping tabs on the center forward.
The deeply religious and polite Adams is living his dream of becoming a professional footballer and has looked back on his strongest memories of watching the top Premier League and Champions League players, including Chelsea legend John Obi Mikel, at viewing centers back in Nigeria before he moved to Norway.
Speaking to TV2 before the Cup final, Adams said : "I talk about my dreams and then people laugh. It sounds ridiculous, but that's how I am. I think anything is possible.
"I told my mum I wanted to play in Europe. She actually believed me. When I look back on it all, it's so worth it."
He added : "That was all we knew then. The ones we saw playing football there. We had John Obi Mikel and we all wanted to be like them. It became the setting for our dream."
Adams was a member of the Flying Eagles squad to the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup, featuring in matches against Qatar and the United States during the tournament in Poland.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football