Best player of African descent in Belgium: Podium finishes for Orban, Boniface; Genk star crownedPublished: May 23, 2023
Paul Onuachu's former teammate at Genk,Mike Trésor Ndayishimiye has beaten Nigerian forward, Victor Boniface and Gift Orban to the Ebony Shoe, otherwise called the Golden Shoe Award.
It is an annual award given to the best African or African origin player in the Belgian Pro League.
Boniface and Orban finished in the podium places, with the Royale Union Saint-Gilloise man ranked second and the kAA Gent goal machine taking the third position.
Boniface got nominated on the back of a fruitful season with Royale Union Saint-Gilloise scoring 9 goals and recording 8 assists in 35 matches including the playoffs.
Orban was also in the running having had an exceptional start to his career in the Belgian league, having netted 15 goals and registered two assists in 14 games for KAA Gent.
Ndayishimiye who is eligible to play for Burundi through his father has been phenomenal for Genk this season, registering 23 assists which is a record number of assists in the Belgian top flight.
The attacking midfielder also beat off competition from his teammates Joseph Paintsil and Bilal El Khannouss.
The last Nigerian to have won the award was Paul Onuachu who bagged the award in 2021.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- What has gone wrong for Samuel Chukwueze at Italian giants AC Milan?
- Moffi's fastest goal of the season not enough as OGC Nice succumb to defeat against Toulouse
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football