Best player of African descent in Belgium: Podium finishes for Orban, Boniface; Genk star crownedPublished: May 23, 2023
Paul Onuachu's former teammate at Genk,Mike Trésor Ndayishimiye has beaten Nigerian forward, Victor Boniface and Gift Orban to the Ebony Shoe, otherwise called the Golden Shoe Award.
It is an annual award given to the best African or African origin player in the Belgian Pro League.
Boniface and Orban finished in the podium places, with the Royale Union Saint-Gilloise man ranked second and the kAA Gent goal machine taking the third position.
Boniface got nominated on the back of a fruitful season with Royale Union Saint-Gilloise scoring 9 goals and recording 8 assists in 35 matches including the playoffs.
Orban was also in the running having had an exceptional start to his career in the Belgian league, having netted 15 goals and registered two assists in 14 games for KAA Gent.
Ndayishimiye who is eligible to play for Burundi through his father has been phenomenal for Genk this season, registering 23 assists which is a record number of assists in the Belgian top flight.
The attacking midfielder also beat off competition from his teammates Joseph Paintsil and Bilal El Khannouss.
The last Nigerian to have won the award was Paul Onuachu who bagged the award in 2021.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Chelsea ready to break African transfer record for a GK to sign ex-Barcelona star
- Chukwueze and Moffi nominated for Europa Conference League Goal of the Tournament
- Cremonese and Rangers continue to thrash out terms for transfer of Super Eagles striker
- 2023 AFCONQ: Adebayo Adeleye has to prove himself in the absence of suspended Uzoho
- Manu Garba names eight players he groomed who have been called up for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- 'Has great prospects' - Manu Garba reveals Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu is a star of the future
- Official: Lagos-born Man Utd youth product joins Hungarian champions Ferencvaros
- Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu on target but Bendel Insurance's 21-match unbeaten run ends
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football