Official: Cap-tied England star of Nigerian descent signs new Arsenal dealPublished: May 23, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Premier League side Arsenal have confirmed that cap-tied England international of Nigerian descent Bukayo Saka has put pen to paper on a new long-term contract.
Saka has committed his future to his boyhood club, a year before his old contract was due to run out.
The winger signing a new deal has ended speculation over his future with reports previously linking him with possible moves to Manchester City and Liverpool.
Saka's contract extension will give Arsenal a big boost as they seek to build a competitive squad capable of challenging for honors next season, having finished second in the Premier League this term.
Since making his first team debut for the Gunners, the 21-year-old has registered 77 goal involvements in 178 matches.
Commenting on Saka's new deal, manager Mikel Arteta said: "It’s great for the club that Bukayo has extended his contract.
"Retaining our best young talents is key to our continued progress and Bukayo represents such an important part of our squad now and for the future.
"As well as being a fantastic talent, Bukayo is a special person, he’s loved by us all and he is a credit to himself and his family for the hard work and commitment they have all made to get to this level today.
"Together with our supporters, we’re so looking forward to enjoying Bukayo’s continued development with us in the years to come."
Saka is in the running for the Premier League Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season awards.
- Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & more
- Awoniyi namechecks Iheanacho as he explains why Liverpool move didn't work out
- Arsenal v Tottenham combined XI: Udogie among three Spurs players in defence
- Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift Orban
- Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setback
- Chelsea winger Madueke ready to face Aston Villa after first omission from gameday squad in 12 matches
- Boniface, Ogbu join West Ham and Brighton stars, 7 others in Europa League Team of the Week
- Bad news for Peseiro ahead of friendly v Saudi Arabia after latest update on Porto LB Sanusi
- Warning for Saka ahead of North London derby as Udogie is named Tottenham Hotspur's fastest player
- The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixture
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football