Italy U20 boss highlights two qualities of Flying Eagles players that make them difficult to facePublished: May 24, 2023
Italy head coach Carmine Nunziata has admitted that he is wary of the threat posed by the Flying Eagles players, especially given their physicality and great speed.
The Italians are aiming for a win in Wednesday evening's fixture at Malvinas Argentinas' Stadium in Mendoza, which would guarantee qualification to the knockout stages of the 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup.
Italy caused a sensation in their World Cup opener by beating one of the pre-tournament favorites Brazil 3-2 with the performance of Chelsea central midfielder Cesare Casadei worthy of mention.
Nigeria are targeting at least a draw against Gli Azzurrini as they aware that their final group game against five-time champions Brazil on Saturday evening could be problematic.
The team coached by the experienced Ladan Bosso came from behind to beat the Dominican Republic 2-1 in their opener three days ago.
"A strong team, difficult to face because they have extremely physical players, endowed with great speed," Carmine Nunziata told the official website of the Italian Football Federation.
"It will not be easy, an important match to continue our journey in this World Cup."
Nunziata has the entire squad available for selection against the Nigerians including Samuel Giovane (Ascoli), Giuseppe Ambrosino Di Bruttopilo (Cittadella) and Gabriele Guarino (Empoli), who has recovered after suffering a bruised knee in the match against Brazil.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football