Confirmed: Burnley release Manchester United youth team product of Nigerian descentPublished: May 25, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Premier League-bound Burnley have announced their released list following the conclusion of the 2022-2023 season.
At academy level, the Clarets confirmed that Manchester United youth team product Ayodeji Sotona will leave the club upon the expiry of his contract, with the winger not offered a new deal.
Sotona joined Burnley in the January transfer window, signing a short team deal until the end of the season, and departs Turf Moor without playing a senior game for the club.
The 20-year-old enjoyed loan spells at Brentford and Kilmarnock during his time at OGC Nice, where he failed to make a breakthrough into the first team.
Manchester United offered him a new deal but the Irish-Nigerian decided to embark on a new chapter in his career in 2020.
Sotona's highlights as a Burnley player included scoring against Blackburn Rovers to help the Clarets progress to the final of the Lancashire Senior Cup
Meanwhile, another Irish-Nigerian youngster in right-back Tosin Olopade has also been released by Burnley.
Olopade joined Burnley in 2021 following a successful trial.
Photo Credit: burnleyfootballclub.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football