Barcelona, Ajax, AC Milan, 4 other Euro clubs check on Flying Eagles stars in ArgentinaPublished: May 25, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that at least seven European clubs have posted scouts to monitor the matches involving the Nigeria U20 national team at the ongoing World Cup in Argentina.
The scouts in attendance were in Mendoza to see the young Nigerian players in action who may be interesting for the future.
Talent spotters representing Barcelona, Ajax Amsterdam, AC Milan, Porto, Benfica, Olympique Lyonnais and Marseille were on ground to observe the Flying Eagles players in their Group D fixtures with Dominican Republic and Italy.
Although no Flying Eagles player has been mentioned as a possible target for the European clubs, Daniel Daga, Jude Sunday and Abel Ogwuche have been arguably the top three performers after two matches in Argentina.
Daga kept Italy U20 poster boy and captain Cesare Casadei in check on Wednesday as the Flying Eagles made it two wins from two games, Sunday shone against Dominican Republic, while Ogwuche has emerged as the main player in the defence.
Another player of interest could be Victor Eletu who has been heralded as the 'next big thing' and even likened to Nigeria greats John Obi Mikel and Sunday Oliseh due to his great passing ability.
It is known that the AC Milan wonderkid is on the radar of top European clubs and they have been watching him before the World Cup.
The Flying Eagles arrived Bueno Aires on Thursday afternoon from Mendoza where they played their first two group games of the FIFA U20 World Cup.
They will tackle Brazil on Saturday at the Estadio Unico Diego Maradona in La Plata to wrap up the group stage games, with scouts expected to be in attendance.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo hits double figures for clean sheets in EFL
- 'Mac Allister is quality' - Ex-Man City defender Onuoha praises Liverpool midfielder for game-winning assist
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football