Barcelona, Ajax, AC Milan, 4 other Euro clubs check on Flying Eagles stars in ArgentinaPublished: May 25, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that at least seven European clubs have posted scouts to monitor the matches involving the Nigeria U20 national team at the ongoing World Cup in Argentina.
The scouts in attendance were in Mendoza to see the young Nigerian players in action who may be interesting for the future.
Talent spotters representing Barcelona, Ajax Amsterdam, AC Milan, Porto, Benfica, Olympique Lyonnais and Marseille were on ground to observe the Flying Eagles players in their Group D fixtures with Dominican Republic and Italy.
Although no Flying Eagles player has been mentioned as a possible target for the European clubs, Daniel Daga, Jude Sunday and Abel Ogwuche have been arguably the top three performers after two matches in Argentina.
Daga kept Italy U20 poster boy and captain Cesare Casadei in check on Wednesday as the Flying Eagles made it two wins from two games, Sunday shone against Dominican Republic, while Ogwuche has emerged as the main player in the defence.
Another player of interest could be Victor Eletu who has been heralded as the 'next big thing' and even likened to Nigeria greats John Obi Mikel and Sunday Oliseh due to his great passing ability.
It is known that the AC Milan wonderkid is on the radar of top European clubs and they have been watching him before the World Cup.
The Flying Eagles arrived Bueno Aires on Thursday afternoon from Mendoza where they played their first two group games of the FIFA U20 World Cup.
They will tackle Brazil on Saturday at the Estadio Unico Diego Maradona in La Plata to wrap up the group stage games, with scouts expected to be in attendance.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football