Chukwuemeka, Madueke start a game together for the first time as Chelsea lose to Man UtdPublished: May 25, 2023
Carney Chukwuemeka and Noni Madueke started a game together for Chelsea for the very first time as they were beaten 4-1 by Manchester United at Old Trafford in the club's penultimate match of the season in the Premier League.
Brazilian midfielder, Casemiro gave Manchester United the lead as early as the 6th minute and Anthony Martial doubled the host' lead beige the end of the first half
Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford completed the rout in the second half while Joao Felix scored the consolation goal for Chelsea, one minute before the end of the regulation time.
Having come on for nine minutes in Chelsea's 1-0 loss to champions, Manchester City last weekend, Chukwuemeka got his first start under the interim boss, Frank Lampard.
Against Manchester United, the 19-year-old was one of the few Chelsea players that had a decent outing having impressed particularly in the first half.
He was replaced by Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the 82nd minute.
Madueke on the other hand got his fourth start in 5 matches and was Chelsea's most lively forward before coming off for Hakim Ziyech in the 82nd minute.
The former PSV Eindhoven forward has now tallied 11 appearances for Chelsea scoring one goal while Chukwuemeka has made 14 appearances in all competitions for Chelsea.
The loss leaves Chelsea in 12th position in the Premier League table with 43 points while Manchester United confirm their participation in the next season's UEFA Champions League with the victory having garnered 72 points
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football