'We are Brazil' - Watford star sends warning to Flying Eagles ahead of decisive clashPublished: May 26, 2023
Watford's Brazil U20 star Matheus Martins has sent a warning to the Flying Eagles ahead of their showdown at the Estadio Unico Diego Maradona in La Plata on Saturday.
The 19-year-old has made it clear thar the Brazilian U20 national team are targeting a win in their final group game of the 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup.
Martins netted his first goal of the World Cup on Wednesday night as Brazil thrashed Dominican Republic 6-0 to help boost their chances of qualifying for the knockout rounds of the tournament in Argentina.
The attacking midfielder, who entered the game as a substitute in the 77th minute, wrapped up the scoring in injury-time, after strikes from Sávio, Marcos Leonardo, Pedroso, Giovane and Marlon Gomes.
After losing to Italy in their opener, Brazil need a victory against Nigeria to clinch qualification to the round of 16 without depending on other results.
Speaking on his expectations ahead of the much-anticipated clash versus the Flying Eagles, Martins told the official website of the Brazilian Football Confederation: "The thinking is positive. The group is happy and we are going to have a great training session tomorrow to close the preparation and beat Nigeria and qualify in first place, God willing.
"I think it will be a great game. They will impose their game too, because they got two wins, but we are Brazil and we go in to always win".
Just like their Nigerian counterparts, Brazil landed in Buenos Aires ion Thursday afternoon, and will have two training sessions before the match against the Flying Eagles.
Photo Credit: watfordfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Oshoala frustrated to be substituted and four other takeaways from Super Falcons draw v Cameroon
- Cameroon 0 Nigeria 0: Echegini's goal ruled out as Super Falcons forced to goalless draw in Olympic qualifier
- Troost-Ekong namechecks two Super Eagles players behind his decision not to quit national team pre-AFCON
- 'One of the best players in the world' - Saudi Pro League target Troost-Ekong fancies playing with Ronaldo
- Ohale v Onguene: The key battle that could decide Super Falcons' clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Super Eagles-eligible striker tight-lipped on future amid Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United links
- Seamless betting: How to use a single bonus across casino and sports
- Everything you need to know about Super Falcons mouthwatering clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Super Eagles' AFCON star Lookman training on his own ahead of AC Milan v Atalanta
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football