Ex-Napoli star claims Osimhen is on the same level as Haaland, Benzema and LewandoskiPublished: May 26, 2023
Former Napoli and Udinese star Roberto Sosa has sensationally claimed that Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is on the same level as Manchester City's goalscoring machine Erling Haaland, Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and Barcelona's Robert Lewandowski.
Osimhen has had a hugely successful season at Napoli, helping them win the Serie A title for the first time in thirty three years.
The Nigeria international sits atop the Serie A goalscoring charts with 23 goals in 30 matches and also impressed in the UEFA Champions League with five goals in six appearances before Napoli were knocked out in the quarterfinals.
Haaland has an astonishing 52-goal haul in his first season at Manchester City, Benzema has mustered 30 goals in all competitions and Lewandowski has tallied 33 goals for Barcelona.
Osimhen is attracting plenty of interest from European heavyweights on the back of his fine form, with Manchester United, Chelsea, PSG and Bayern Munich all credited with an interest.
Sosa has praised Osimhen and also suggested that it would cost more than 140 million euros to buy the Napoli number 9.
"Together with Lautaro, he's the striker of the moment. I'm sorry not to include Vlahovic in this list. The Serbian is penalized by his coach's play," Sosa said to Sportitalia, via Tuttojuve.
"If Osimhen had played for Juve, his performances would not have been different from those of Dusan.
"That said, the Nigerian is now the level of forwards like Haaland, Benzema and Lewandoski. So, at the moment, 140 million could be too few!"
Former Lille man Osimhen in 2020 moved to Napoli for a fee in the region of 70 million euros and has two years left on his contract with the Serie A champions.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football