Ex-Napoli star claims Osimhen is on the same level as Haaland, Benzema and LewandoskiPublished: May 26, 2023
Former Napoli and Udinese star Roberto Sosa has sensationally claimed that Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is on the same level as Manchester City's goalscoring machine Erling Haaland, Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and Barcelona's Robert Lewandowski.
Osimhen has had a hugely successful season at Napoli, helping them win the Serie A title for the first time in thirty three years.
The Nigeria international sits atop the Serie A goalscoring charts with 23 goals in 30 matches and also impressed in the UEFA Champions League with five goals in six appearances before Napoli were knocked out in the quarterfinals.
Haaland has an astonishing 52-goal haul in his first season at Manchester City, Benzema has mustered 30 goals in all competitions and Lewandowski has tallied 33 goals for Barcelona.
Osimhen is attracting plenty of interest from European heavyweights on the back of his fine form, with Manchester United, Chelsea, PSG and Bayern Munich all credited with an interest.
Sosa has praised Osimhen and also suggested that it would cost more than 140 million euros to buy the Napoli number 9.
"Together with Lautaro, he's the striker of the moment. I'm sorry not to include Vlahovic in this list. The Serbian is penalized by his coach's play," Sosa said to Sportitalia, via Tuttojuve.
"If Osimhen had played for Juve, his performances would not have been different from those of Dusan.
"That said, the Nigerian is now the level of forwards like Haaland, Benzema and Lewandoski. So, at the moment, 140 million could be too few!"
Former Lille man Osimhen in 2020 moved to Napoli for a fee in the region of 70 million euros and has two years left on his contract with the Serie A champions.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Oshoala frustrated to be substituted and four other takeaways from Super Falcons draw v Cameroon
- Cameroon 0 Nigeria 0: Echegini's goal ruled out as Super Falcons forced to goalless draw in Olympic qualifier
- Troost-Ekong namechecks two Super Eagles players behind his decision not to quit national team pre-AFCON
- 'One of the best players in the world' - Saudi Pro League target Troost-Ekong fancies playing with Ronaldo
- Ohale v Onguene: The key battle that could decide Super Falcons' clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Super Eagles-eligible striker tight-lipped on future amid Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United links
- Seamless betting: How to use a single bonus across casino and sports
- Everything you need to know about Super Falcons mouthwatering clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Super Eagles' AFCON star Lookman training on his own ahead of AC Milan v Atalanta
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football