U20 WC Brazil v Nigeria: Match preview, what to expect, key players, kickoff time and venuePublished: May 26, 2023
The Flying Eagles of Nigeria will be trading tackles with the Brazil U-20 team in the final group of the ongoing FIFA U-20 World Cup on Saturday.
Nigeria picked up maximum points in their opening two games beating Italy and Dominican Republic.
Brazil on the other hand have only managed three points having lost their first game to Italy before battering Dominican Republic 6-0 to record their first victory of the tournament.
The Flying Eagles have faced Brazil 5 times in this competition, losing 4 times and earning a draw on one occasion.
However, this current side looks very strong defensively and at the same look explosive in attack.
They will also be heading into the game with a lot of confidence having won their first two matches.
Brazil will also be desperate to get a result in this encounter as they might be knocked out of the competition if they don't get the maximum points.
They are the favourite but as exposed by the Italians in the first game, this current Brazilian side is domitable and Nigeria will fancy their chances against them
What to Expect
This promises to be another interesting encounter with both teams having the opportunity to show their attacking prowess yet again.
Nigeria are yet to concede a goal from open play in the tournament but they will be coming up against a side who just put 6 past their immediate opponent.
Seleção Sub-20 have the leading top scorer, Marcus Leonardo in their ranks and you expect them to give the Nigerian defence a tough game.
Ladan Bosso's boys have also proven to be a good attacking side scoring two goals apiece in their first two matches.
The Nigerian attack should worry the Brazilians all game.
1. Abel Ogwuche (Nigeria): The Trelleborgs FF man has been one of the Flying Eagles' standout players in the tournament providing leadership in the heart of defence.
He is dominant in the air, strong in his tackles and disciplined. The Brazilians must be hoping he has a bad day in office come Saturday night.
2. Daniel Daga (Nigeria): Sitting in front of Ogwuche and his defensive partners has been Daga whose intelligence reading of the game has minimized the danger the Nigerian defence has faced.
It will be an interesting battle between him and Chelsea's new boy, Andrey Santos.
3. Andrey Santos(Brazil): The Chelsea midfielder is one of the vital players for Brazil.
Though yet to find the back in this tournament, he was the joint top scorer at the South American U20 Championship and he is a real threat to the chances of Nigeria getting another victory tomorrow.
4. Marcus Leonardo: The Santos' striker is the tournament's most prolific scorer so far with 3 goals from two games.
The Flying Eagles' defence will have to keep an eye on him so that he won't wreak havoc.
Kickoff/Time and Venue
The match will take played at the Estadio Único Diego Armando Maradona, La Plata and is scheduled to kick off at 1900 hours Nigerian time.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Waldrum cites Chelsea v Liverpool as he discusses Super Falcons' showdown with clinical Bayana Bayana side
- Deborah Abiodun reacts: Super Falcons to face Bayana Bayana in final phase of Paris 2024 Olympic qualifiers
- Three uncapped teenagers who could break into Super Eagles squad before 2026 World Cup
- Back in the groove: Rangers striker Cyriel Dessers named Scottish Premiership Player of the Week
- Race for Victor Osimhen: Chelsea concerned about missing out on African POTY
- Kickoff to profit mastering football betting with Tedbet
- 'Didn't give Rashford a kick' - PL all-time top scorer Shearer hails Bassey for pocketing Man Utd striker
- Fulham midfielder Iwobi named in PL TOTW alongside Arsenal and Man City stars
- Who is Sylvester Jasper? The Fulham product observed by Peseiro; insists he's good enough for Super Eagles
- Medical update: Porto's Super Eagles LB Zaidu operated on by Cristiano Ronaldo's most trusted doctor
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football