'This game with Nigeria will be very difficult' - Brazil U20 midfielder targets win against Flying EaglesPublished: May 27, 2023
The Flying Eagles will face a tougher team on Saturday when they take on Brazil at the Estadio Único Diego Armando Maradona, La Plata in their final Group D fixture of the 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup.
Nigeria registered straightforward wins against Dominican Republic and Italy in their opening two matches to top Group D heading into the final round of games.
However, the Flying Eagles could find themselves in third place should they lose to the Brazilians and the Italians thrash whipping boys Dominican Republic as expected.
Gremio midfielder Ronaldo has stressed that Brazil are targeting a win against the Flying Eagles in order not to depend on the results of other matches in Group D and elsewhere to seal qualification to the round of 16.
"It's very important. We know that this confrontation with Nigeria will be very difficult. It's World Cup," Ronald told the official website of the Brazilian Football Federation.
"The World Cup doesn't have an easy game and we're going to go in very concentrated to get this classification stamped
"“Well, for us, Brazil always has to be first. The more Brazil seeks the first place, the better, but the most important thing is to qualify in this World Cup. We're going to look for that.
"It doesn't matter if it's first, second or third. But if it's first, even better".
Nigeria are seeking their first win against the Brazilians in a competitive game at this level, having lost four of their five previous meetings at the FIFA U20 World Cup while drawing the other at the 2005 edition of the tournament where they finished as the runners-up.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football