Brazil final workout: Menezes hints at starting Chelsea, Arsenal starlets against Flying EaglesPublished: May 27, 2023
Five-time world champions Brazil held their final workout at the San Lorenzo training center on Friday, on the eve of their FIFA U20 World Cup showdown with the Flying Eagles.
If the training session is anything to go by, Brazil U20 boss Ramon Menezes is sticking to one of the rules of football that claims that you don't change a winning team.
According to TV Globo, Menezes repeated the same starting lineup that demolished Dominican Republic in the team's last training session yesterday.
It means Chelsea starlet Andrey Santos is expected to captain the team against Nigeria and completing the three-man midfield are Arsenal superkid Marquinhos and Vasco da Gama's Marlon Gomes.
While Santos started Brazil's first two games and was in action for 156 minutes, Marquinhos came off the bench at halftime against Italy before starting the 6-0 rout of Dominican Republic.
In the training game on Friday, Mycael started in goal with a back four composed of Arthur, Jean, Robert Renan and Kaiki Bruno, with Savinho, Marcos Leonardo and Guilherme Biro the three offensive players.
Against Nigeria, Ramon Menezes will be able to call on the services of Flamengo goalkeeper Kauã Santos if the need arises.
Kauã is available for selection after sitting out the games with Italy and Dominican Republic due to suspension, after he was sent off against Uruguay in the 2023 South American U-20 Championship.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football