Team news: Flying Eagles No. 10 Eletu gets the medical green light ahead of Brazil showdownPublished: May 27, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been told that AC Milan wonderkid Victor Eletu has received the medical green light to take to the pitch on Saturday evening when the Flying Eagles trade tackles with South American champions Brazil in their final group game of the 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup.
The Flying Eagles number 10 has fully recovered from the knock he picked up in the 2-0 win over Italy on Wednesday.
In a scene that was worrisome to Flying Eagles fans and manager Ladan Bosso, Eletu was stretchered off midway through the second half and there were fears he had sustained a significant injury.
The Flying Eagles number 10 was only suffering from muscle cramps as tests did not reveal any problems, much to the relief of Ladan Bosso.
Eletu participated in group training on Friday, which puts him in contention to be involved in some capacity in the decisive game against Brazil at the Estadio Único Diego Armando Maradona, La Plata.
The 18-year-old made his Flying Eagles debut against Dominican Republic last weekend, and did enough to earn himself a starting berth in the second group game with Italy.
Nigeria are seeking their first win in six attempts against Brazil at the FIFA U20 World Cup, having lost four of their five previous games while drawing the other.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football