FCT FA chief confirms Yum Yum are a genuine club, Flying Eagles captain Bameyi their playerPublished: May 27, 2023
The Secretary General of FCT FA, Haruna Ilerika has confirmed that Yum Yum FC is an Abuja based football academy and a bona fide member of the body adding that the club earlier this year renewed their affiliation.
Flying Eagles captain, Daniel Bameiyi who has impressed at the ongoing FIFA U20 World Cup in Argentina is a product Yum Yum FC.
Before this revelation by the FCT FA Secretary, many had believed that Yum Yum FC is not existing, however, after investigations, it was finally confirmed that the grassroots and Academy football club is based in Abuja.
This investigation is necessary following news making the rounds that Yum Yum FC is baseless.
"Yum Yum FC have been an affiliate member of our FA, " Ilerika told BSN Sports.
"The academy is operating silently by taking young talented footballers off the streets to give them a structure and platform to uphold their careers and brighter future.
"With what I have seen in the academy, in the next few years, they are capable of producing talents like Victor Osimhen and Lionel Messi.
"Daniel Bameiyi is a player we know with the club, but he is not the only good player in the club. He's one of the best players but there are many players that are capable of taking the world by storm.
"All the players in the team go trough the rudimental processes of football and their Moto is talent with discipline. All their players are discipline and good enough to play anywhere in the world."
Bameyi has been named in the Flying Eagles' starting lineup for their final group game against Brazil at the Estadio Único Diego Armando Maradona, La Plata on Saturday evening.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football