'It's wrong to underrate any team' - Bosso insists Flying Eagles are no pushovers pre-ArgentinaPublished: May 30, 2023
Hosts and six-time champions Argentina will fancy being the favourites in their FIFA U20 World Cup Round of 16 duel with Nigeria in San Juan on Wednesday night, but Head Coach Ladan Bosso says his team will not be intimidated by the physicality of the opponents and the capacity crowd expected at the venue.
The indigenes of the Land of Pampas barnstormed through their group stage, winning all their three matches against Uzbekistan, Guatemala and New Zealand, scoring 10 goals and conceding only one.
They are already among the favourites for the title, by both pedigree and current form.
Despite winning their first two matches, including beating early ravemakers Italy in commanding fashion, the Flying Eagles lost to Brazil 2-0 in La Plata on Saturday and some bookmakers think they stand no chance against the pumped-up home team.
Bosso said on Tuesday, as his boys prepared for their official training session at match time (6pm Argentine time and 10pm Nigeria) that his Africa Cup of Nations bronze medallists will be ready to give as much as they receive in Wednesday's encounter.
"This is the World Cup and it is wrong to under-rate any team. We won two of our three matches and had the same number of points in our group as Brazil and Italy. We are no pushovers in this campaign.
"It is going to be an interesting game. We want the quarter-final ticket and the Argentines also want the quarter-final ticket. We will go in there and dig our feet into the ground."
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football