Fifa U20 World Cup: Five observations from Flying Eagles impressive win over ArgentinaPublished: June 01, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com here presents the five takeaways from the emphatic and heart lifting 2-0 win by the Nigeria U-20 side against hosts and tournament favourites Argentina in a 2023 Fifa U20 World Cup round of 16 tie at the Estadio San Juan del Bicentenario on Wednesday night.
1. Great defensive recovery
The Flying Eagles head coach Ladan Bosso had boasted before this game that his team are not afraid of Argentina.
He noted that they can match the South Americans, and hailed the resilient spirit of his boys whose pace and energy he commended.
The boys showed those aspects of their game and limited Argentina than would ordinarily have been expected.
The Flying Eagles defensive recoveries were very impressive.
2. Daga was MVP of the game
If Wednesday night's game was an audition, the youngster certainly impressed the scouts in attendance.
Daga played with much maturity beyond his years and guided the back line very effectively.
3. Umeh,Sarki to start in quarterfinals?
With the introduction of the duo of Umeh Emmanuel and Haliru Sarki, the quick Argentinians were limited in the second half.
As at the start of the second half, the hosts had several attempts at goal while Nigeria had only one but as the game went on, the Africans, asserted themselves more.
Much of that was because entrance of the duo of Emmanuel and Sarki. The latter got the goal he deserved after impressing off the bench in the group stage.
4. Aniagboso ball handling
Despite the joy of a victory over very tough opponents, the ball handling and distribution of goalkeeper Kingsley Aniagboso must improve.
There were some nottoo impressive moments where he dropped the ball and could have been punished if the Argentinians reacted better.
5. Sloppy passes
Not the least, but some passes of the Flying Eagles players left much to be desired.
They over-hit what should be simple weighted passes especially in the first half although that gradually improved when the second half started.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Watch: 2023 Super Eagles invitee Gift Orban sent off for the first time in his pro career
- Sheffield Utd's Nigerian defender watches on from the bench as Newcastle make PL history
- 'Should have scored at least 25 goals' - Bayer star Boniface reacts after breaking 29yo Bundesliga record
- 'Ended up as the dominant player' - Tottenham coach has his say on duel between Udogie and Saka
- Super Eagles watch: Boniface matches Haaland's feat, Dessers nets winner for Rangers, Lookman back to form
- 'Just needs to calm down' - Pundit reckons Tottenham LB Udogie had a shaky first half performance v Arsenal
- 'Some even compare him to Napoli star Osimhen' - Danish media hails Arsenal U18 hat-trick hero Obi
- 'Imagine him alongside Caicedo' - Pundit wants Ugochukwu to partner Chelsea's history-making midfielder
- Tottenham legend Harry Kane puts Boniface in his place after historic display for Bayern Munich
- 'He is going to sign an important contract' - Fabrizio Romano on the future of Arsenal super kid Nwaneri
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football