Every word Ladan Bosso said on Flying Eagles win, new president Tinubu, quarterfinal stage and morePublished: June 01, 2023
Flying Eagles manager Ladan Bosso fielded questions from the NFF media team shortly after his side caused another sensation at the ongoing World Cup, stunning host and six-time winners Argentina 2-0.
Nigeria ended Argentina's winning run of ten straight Fifa U20 World Cup victories at home - seven when they won the competition in 1979 and their first three games in this year's edition.
Second half goals from Ibrahim Muhammad and Haliru Sarki secured a victory very few people saw coming, considering that the Flying Eagles made hard work of qualifying for the tournament and were recently defeated by another South American team with almost the same playing style as Argentina, Brazil.
Bosso, for all his critics, has built a team that is defensively solid, and the clean sheet against Argentina on Wednesday was their sixth in ten competitive matches.
The 55-year-old football tactician reiterated that the Flying Eagles have to be focused, vowed to win the World Cup for the new president Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and also shared his thoughts on the quarterfinal game on Sunday.
Read every word Ladan Bosso said :
Coach Ladan Bosso, congratulations, this is one of the most famous victories Nigeria has had in history. Your thoughts on the game against Argentina.
"In the first place we need to appreciate what God has done for us, it is not by our power, it is not by our strength. We are being focused and above all we have always looked up to God because He giveth and taketh.
"The most important thing is for us to be focused just like what I told my boys now. They should remain humble even in victory and of course the journey has just started. The more we go far the better chances for them to sell themselves to the global world.
"Most importantly, a lot of people never gave us the chance and I always say to my boys that we are here to put smiles once again to the faces of Nigerians and that is the process.
"We can see that there is a new democratic system, from the presidency to the governors and down the ladder. I want to emphatically say today that I dedicate this win today to the new president Asiwaju Tinubu himself.
"We have promised that we will continue to do our best to make sure that this team is going to be the first team to give him a trophy in his office as a president and we'll continue to work on that."
Lastly your thoughts on the quarterfinal stage?
"The quarterfinal stage I think that I have said it earlier in Abuja when the pairing was done. The harsher you start, the easier the end.
"I believe there's no team that we'll face that is more difficult than Italy, Brazil and even the host country. If we are able to remain humble, to remain focused, to concentrate on what we are here for, it is going to be easy for us.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football